Thursday, June 2, 2011

bacon for madoff biopic?

bacon for madoff biopic?
Kevin Bacon has spoken of his hopes of playing himself in the upcoming Bernie Madoff biopic.

Madoff was jailed for 150 years in 2009 for siphoning billions of dollars from his wealthy Wall Street clients, including Bacon, Zsa Zsa Gabor and John Malkovich.

Robert De Niro will play the fraudster in a special HBO TV movie, based on New York Times reporter Diana Henriques's book The Wizard of Lies: Bernie Madoff and the Death of Trust.

Bacon told The Sun that he is eager to join his former Sleepers co-star in the project.

He said: "How great would it be if I could play myself and make an appearance and get a chance to work with Bob again?"

Bacon added that he struggles to understand greed and power, saying: "I think one of the most pervasive evils in this world is greed and acquiring money for money's sake. Once you have six houses and a plane, it is just about a number. It's never been anything I understood.


"There is a lesson there about greed and it is a lesson I am willing to learn as well. Has it made me a distrustful person? I don't think so. But we probably look a bit more carefully at our financial situation now."


Source: Digital Spy

No comments:

Post a Comment